8/5/11

sleepover fun!

 Brittany and Cooper came to visit and stayed the night! It was SO fun! 
I loved getting to just sit on the couch and talk with Brittany like the good ole days, and getting to see sweet Cooper made my day. Ella and McKenna seemed to like him too. I wish I had a dollar for every time Ella had said "Brittany watch me." Ella was beyond thrilled to see Brittany and she wanted her to watch everything she did and never leave her side. It was just the perfect sleepover!
Picnik collage
Picnik collage

Before we went to bed we got a little crazy! We rolled our hair up in a tube sock to get hollywood curls in the morning! (so they say)
DSC_0092
I saw this link on a blog somewhere and pinned it a while back. I have been wanting to give it a try and when I told Brittany about it, she was all onboard!
You take a tube sock, cut off the toe and roll it up into a donut shape.
DSC_0053
Then you spray your hair with water to get it a little damp, put your hair in a high pony tail and then roll it up in the sock. It was kinda confusing and not the easiest but after a few tries and lots of laughs we figured it out. 
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
So we all went to bed and slept in our cool sock buns and when we woke up and unraveled our hair it was pretty funny! Ella's actually looked fantastic. Besides the rubber band crease she had full beautiful curls! I was impressed and she absolutely loved it. Brittany had some good curls at the ends of her hair but mine, not so much! Ha! 
DSC_0101
DSC_0106
DSC_0103
My husband did tell me this picture isn't my best look and I do see where he is coming from, but this is what you get after a sleepless night with McKenna and a sock bun:)
What a great sleepover and we can't wait to see them again!

3 comments:

Micki said...

Lol...love the tube sock after pics!!! Ella's looks great!!! Hope all is well!!!

Leslie said...

I've totally had the sock in my hair all day and pretty sure I will look just like you! Although I'd hands down trade hair with YOU! Ella's does look great!!

Brittany Strebeck said...

hi-larious. love those pics! we had so much fun hanging with you guys!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...